Land Consulting Services
Elexco Land Services offers a full range of land-related tasks from total land project management to small, one-time acquisitions. We specialize in resource land acquisition and management, pipeline and utility corridors, civic and transportation rights-of-way and easements, and document administration.
- Fee simple acquisitions
- Acquisition of new and renewal mineral / petroleum and natural gas rights
- Pooling and unitization negotiations for the Oil and Gas Industry
- Right-of-Way and Easements / Surface Use Acquisition (including assembly of utility corridors and pipeline routes)
- Obtaining rights of entry
- Conducting market valuations or obtaining appraisals
- Damage settlement for land use including seismic projects
- Liaising with landowners and construction contractors
- Regulatory land services before the appropriate State Boards and/or Commissions
Responding to direction provided by your technical team, our Land Managers will direct and supervise in-house landmen and land brokers in the execution of your required services.
From our experienced employee roster, we can ensure project staffing levels commensurate with clients’ timelines as well as the project size and scope. During the conduct of its field tasks, ELSI continues its “good neighbor” policy to mitigate future concerns and get the best benefit at competitive terms for the project.
- Planning and Route Selection
- Option Acquisition and Purchase Negotiations
- Due Diligence
- Surface Land Negotiations and Acquisition
- Access Roads and ROW Acquisition
- Meteorological Towers
- Substation and lay down yard Lease Agreements
- Public Consultation and Outreach
- Facilitation/Project Coordination
- Regulatory Compliance
- Damage Settlement
- Land Administration, including Document Preparation, Client Liaison and Management of Document Integrity
- Rental Review
Our Mapping Department consists of highly skilled GIS technicians who have developed customized mapping systems, stored in a centralized data warehouse, for use in-house and at remote locations. Our technicians have the capabilities to integrate and convert existing client maps and data into our system as well as create new areas.
- Tax Plats maps
- Seismic Permit Status maps
- Leases Acquired maps
- Lease Bounded-By maps
Elexco’s Land Assessment© computer program performs complex land management tracking. This program comprehensively tracks the client’s land acquisition process from start to finish, providing the client with unique progress reports and snapshots of progress at any given time throughout the life of the client project.
Elexco’s Land Scan© PC-based computer program is offered as a value-added service to Elexco’s oil and gas clientele. This service provides data on competitive leasing/leaseholds and is provided at a nominal cost as part of a leasing contract.
Elexco’s Time Management Program© allows for comprehensive client/contract/project tracking to assist the client in evaluating their outsourcing and budgeting scenarios, with monthly breakdowns of time and disbursements.
Our in-house programs:
- Efficiently organize records and data resulting in the expedient handling of various payment requirements from considerations and bonus payments to rental and royalty distribution.
- Produce detailed reports for historical and tax reporting purposes.
- Continued upgrades and enhancements allow customization for client requests and industry changes to further strengthen file management resources.
- Provide fast response time on client, landowner and lawyer queries through a large variety of indexing and search methods.
- Can be accessed by the client in a read-only mode, on-line through a secure environment.
Seismic Support Services
Under the direction of our experienced Land and Seismic Managers, our seismic support team, have the knowledge and man-power to supply services necessary to complete your project.
- Permit Application
- Surface and Mineral
- Private, Corporate, Government
- Environmental/Regulatory compliance
- Operational Liaison
- communication of permit info
- field guide for crews
- on site landowner resolution
- Damage Claim Settlement and Negotiations
- Ground Motion Monitoring
- Elexco has completed over 1,000 linear miles of 2D and over 2,600 square miles of 3D. We understand the importance of effective communication within a team throughout a seismic project. All parties work from the same set of facts during planning and operations using Elexco’s web-based land tool allowing access to daily progress and includes an FTP address for convenient sharing of files amongst team members. Permit agents use an IKE unit to capture parcel details (structures, ponds, water wells, points of entry) instead of producing traditional geophysical plat maps allowing more effective passing of vital land information to survey crews. Having this information long before crews show up on site allows for design adjustments prior to start of field operations.
- Forty-Year Searches/Abstracts
- Land Title Application Searches
- Execution Searches
- Title Curative Work
- Due Diligence
- Notice of Claims
- Leasehold Take-Offs
- Drafting Legal Descriptions
- Plotting Diagrams
Our In-House Legal Staff, while not providing legal services, is well equipped to support our clients’ legal counsel and land staff.
- Document Drafting and Review
- Due Diligence Reports
- Regulatory Support
- Final proofing and review of Title Abstracts and Title Curative
- Agency support before governing bodies and administrative tribunals
- Facilitation of communication between in-house Legal Staff, external Legal Counsel and Client Land Departments